Monday, January 21, 2008

East on Route 66

Sunday I climbed into the car with my good friend Gerald and we drove up Route 66 until we almost hit the Oklahoma Kansas border. We had a great time scanning the country side for anything interesting to photograph. We started on the East side of Edmond and headed North East to Tulsa. Over the next couple of weeks I will share many of the photos that I took on our little adventure.


Our first stop was the Famous Round Red Barn of Arcadia, Oklahoma. Now, this barn has been photographed a million and one times and I think it is very hard to photograph nicely. The highway is right on the edge of the property with modern power lines all over but for some odd reason...maybe because it was Sunday morning...the fabulous light gods were with me and my camera captured this wonderful photograph. I personally feel that this is the best shot I have ever gotten of the barn and I have tried several time... which only proves the old saying "Try, try again"


We then wandered around the property which has a lovely collection of old rusted farm equipment. I love the color of rust apparently because I just love this photo. I know nothing about farm equipment but I think it belonged to an old plow.

No comments: