Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Too many Hobbies?????

It has been brought to my attention in the past that I just might have too many hobbies. They suggested that I might want to give something up so I could really concentrate at being really good at one or two of them. But how does one chose? I DONT!

First came the camera. Now, it did not start out as sophisticated but I always have had a love of good photography. I think it started with some of the lovely pictures my Dad took when I was a kid and just grew from there. Photography frustrates the heck out of me but I can not let this one go because it is challenging and I NEED to get it right. This one is staying.


Then came scrapbooks thanks to a dear dear friend. I had to do something with all the pictures I was taking. Well, it has turned into simple family memory books but good heavens, when you have 3 books that you are making at the same time ( one for me and one for each daughter..thank goodness we stopped with 2 kids ) it takes some time. Nope, can't give this one up. Family history is at stake.

Running, Jogging, walking....1/2 Marathon training. It is all fun and hard and sore but I love it. It gets me out of the house, breathing hard. It is good to feel every part of your body working. It is good to push yourself. It is good to feel it tomorrow. Nope, this one is not going anywhere either. Good health is at risk if I did.
BellyDancing....what am I thinking? Can I really make my body move that way? Am I coordinated at all? Well, not really but it sure it fun. I really do not practice at all during the week but class sure is fun. I always walk out feeling happy and like I can do anything. I may not be a SuperStar any time soon but I can't and should not quite this one either. This one if for pure mental sanity.

Hobbies for me are my way of keeping my mind active and busy. I enjoy each one and each one lets me express myself in different ways. I will share more thoughts on how in later installments.

2 comments:

AmusedMomma said...

Nah! If you're good at all of 'em and enjoy them, why not indulge your interests and do 'em.

You might try googling "scanners" (a term from Barbara Sher)and see if that description fits you. It's not a negative thing, it's just a different way to embrace your many interests, which oftentimes the world views as being a bit scatterbrained.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't think you can have too many hobbies. I love to learn new things. I'm into photography. (addicted to it)! blogging, knitting, and everything techie. Can't wait to read all of your Route 66 posts! That sounds like so much fun.